Reinstalling an unmet dependency

How can I re-install an unmet dependency?

After a fresh install of MyCodo and a seemingly successful dependency install for my DHT11 sensor, I’m not getting any measurements. The Log shows that the PIGPIO module wasn’t actually installed, and the dependency page is broken (Looking forward to that release).

How can I resinstall that pipgio library before the the Dependency page fix is released?

Thank you!!

LOG

2021-09-03 09:01:29,821 - ERROR - mycodo.controllers.controller_input_ed72973a - initialize_variables() Exception: No module named 'pigpio'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/mycodo-root/mycodo/controllers/base_controller.py", line 74, in run
    self.initialize_variables()
  File "/var/mycodo-root/mycodo/controllers/controller_input.py", line 317, in initialize_variables
    self.measure_input = input_loaded.InputModule(self.input_dev)
  File "/home/pi/Mycodo/mycodo/inputs/dht11.py", line 94, in __init__
    self.initialize_input()
  File "/home/pi/Mycodo/mycodo/inputs/dht11.py", line 97, in initialize_input
    import pigpio
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pigpio'
2021-09-03 09:01:29,823 - INFO - mycodo.controllers.controller_input_ed72973a - Activated in 208.6 ms
2021-09-03 09:01:29,823 - ERROR - mycodo.controllers.controller_input_ed72973a - Mycodo is attempting to acquire measurement(s) from an Input that has already critically errored. Review the log lines following Input Activation to investigate why this happened.

This topic seemed to be related, but I didn’t understand the fix or how to implement it.

Also, @KyleGabriel Seriously man, thank you for everything you do for this community. thank you for building this! You are awesome!

1 Like

Hi Michael. Thanks for the kind words. You’re welcome!

Try adding the same input on the Input page and see if the dependency can be installed that way.

You can also install and configure pigpiod from the Configure → Raspberry Pi page.