Camera configuration

Hi,

I set up this webcam in mycodo with OpenCV and with fswebcam and in both cases the image is very gray. OpenCV has more options for configuration so I’ve tried messing with the various parameters (ie. Brightness, Contrast, Exposure, Grain, Hue, Saturation and White Balance but I’m not really sure where to start and am not making much progress.

Some basic questions are, what is the range for each of these values, I couldn’t find this in the mycodo or opencv documentation.
It may also be helpful if someone photographing a hydroponic system could share their parameters so I can test those to at least get closer to where I want to be.

These are my current settings and here’s a picture of what I’m getting from that:
Brightness: 60, Contrast: 15, Exposure: 0, Gain: 0, Hue: 0, Saturation: 0, White Balance: 3500

Thanks for your help!

The quality of the image you get will depend on the size he camera, library, and settings. The ba sing you see can sometimes be from fluorescent or LED lights, or the camera itself. You’ll have to refer to the docs of the library you’re using to find information about the specific options.