Creating input fields on MyCodo dashboard

Hello,
Am hoping to use MyCodo to create a pool management system (similar to raspipool) that allows a user to enter certain parameters (eg pool volume) and uses sensors (ORP, PH etc) to calculate acid and chlorine volumes and dispense via pumps.

I have learnt a lot the last few weeks, but cant figure out how to create input fields on the dashboard? I have created a number of measurements using the dummy measurement input (eg tank volume, desired ph etc) but need some of these to be inputted by the user on the dashboard. Is there an easy way to do this?

Many thanks

I think the only place you can add inputs is on the Inputs Page.
The Dashboard is for human monitoring of the system.
There are only 2 “manual” input options I am aware of at the moment, almost all inputs are automated and from peripheral devices.
One is the Test Input: Save Your Own Input
The other is the MQTT Subscribe Input… you can manually send any value you want via a MQTT Publish message payload.

If you need a way to do this from the Dashboard, I think you will need to write a custom Widget.

Agreed, seems like a two step process; create a measurement in inputs or possibly functions, then a new widget to modify the constant value.

I like to tare my EC because I’m using well water, not RO and I want to see the PPM of the nutrient, not the baseline mineral content. To pull that off I created a function that’s basically a constant then manually update it whenever I change the reservoir. Another, probably better way is to add a Python input to create a measurement.

The widget for the UI is a little bit harder. Think you could use parts of the existing widgets as a template but that’ll be a bit of work.

That is the incorrect way to measure TDS in your nutrient solution. You need to include the existing TDS of your tap water, not subtract it. Those dissolved minerals that are already in your tap water are also nutrients that your plant will use. If you are basing your TDS on only the nutrients you add and excluding what is already in the tap water, then you are likely going to have a Total TDS that is way too high, and you could be poisoning your plants.

The reasoning is the dissolved minerals in the water available are unlikely to be NPK and nutrient package directions are based on RO water. You have to account for the difference in some way to even get in the ballpark. Works well for what I’m doing.

Anyways, thoughts on coding the input widget?

Actually, the minerals you usually find in abundance in tap and well water are copper, calcium, and magnesium… which are all micro-nutrients which are just as important as NPK. The funny thing is that many novice growers pay a lot of $$$ to install an RO system to remove those minerals, and then they pay even more money to buy Cal-Mag so they can pour it right back in to their water… kind of silly. These are minerals that your plants are going to absorb and use, so you must include them in your final EC/TDS calculation, or you are going to end up with more of a specific nutrient than you think you have, which may cause adverse effects to your plants. Check the manufacturer’s instructions for any nutrient, and they will tell you the same thing… you need to include the existing TDS of your water and then adjust your added nutrients down to reach your target PPM/TDS. Also, I’ve learned from many years of experience that pushing your nutrient solution ratios to their max is almost always going to backfire on you. Keeping your nutrient TDS at light or medium feed ratios per manufacturer recommendations will always give the best results while giving you more room to work with as far as letting your nutrient solution evaporate between topping off with fresh water.