Is it possible to PID pH/EC

hey there,

is it possible to adjust the pH/EC rates by PID instead of Conditional Controller as described in the blog? thanks in advance.

2 Likes

It is possible, but I would be hesitant to do so, since improperly tuned PID controllers can do some strange things. If you do decide to use a PID, I would create a test environment to tune the PID so you’re not potentially harming anything in a production system.

1 Like

I was first planning to apply for both, but I remembered that nutrients belong to the pH rates. It wouldn’t be worth it to integrate PID only to the pH. At last, I thought it would be more appropriate to handle them in one conditional function.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s best to adjust pH after adding nutrients, since nutrients will affect the pH. If you don’t, there’s the chance that the pH will be adjusted one direction before nutrients are added, then adjusted the other direction after nutrients have been added, whereas if you waited until nutrients were completely added before adjusting pH, you may have only needed to adjust in one direction to reach your desired pH.

1 Like