Numpy error from camera stream

After adding a USB Camera with OpenCV and starting a stream there no live video. Stopping the stream produces the following error. After this error the DS18B20 probe no longer reads temperature data. I was able to reproduce this error on a test system.

Error: Error stopping stream:

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE!

Importing the numpy C-extensions failed. This error can happen for
many reasons, often due to issues with your setup or how NumPy was
installed.

We have compiled some common reasons and troubleshooting tips at:

https://numpy.org/devdocs/user/troubleshooting-importerror.html

Please note and check the following:

• The Python version is: Python3.9 from “/var/mycodo-root/env/bin/python”
  • The NumPy version is: “1.24.1”

and make sure that they are the versions you expect.
Please carefully study the documentation linked above for further help.

Original error was: libcblas.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Your title is misleading since you state in the post that the error occurs from enabling streaming, not adding the camera. Streaming has always had issues and I’ll likely be removing in the near future. I would recommend against starting streams.

I apologize for the misleading title. I mistaking considered starting the stream as part of the same process as adding the camera. I didn’t know if this was something you needed to look at as I had used this in previous versions. Not a big deal. Love the software.

Thanks. Streaming is generally not recommended on single board computers since they have few resources. Streaming using anything other than very low resolution and frame rates is likely to cause issues. Because of this, there’s really no reason not to just use still images or timelapses instead of streaming, since you can use much higher resolutions than streaming affords.