Question regarding hydroponic system video

I’m curious as to why Kyle had used the TPS Base A+B nutrient solution and not the TPS One. Was there any specific reason for this? Their website’s FAQ on the product suggests using TPS One rather than the A+B. Are there benefits to using the two 50/50 solutions rather than the all-in-one?

It really all depends on what kinds of crops you plan to grow. If you are growing flowering/fruiting plants you will probably want a multi-part nutrient system to adjust for the plant’s different nutrient requirements during different phases of the plant’s life cycle. If you are just growing simple crops like lettuce, you can probably get away with using a basic all-in-one nutrient.

1 Like

I’m planning on doing something similar but with basil, thyme, and rosemary. I’ve never dealt with hydroponics and am used to sticking things in the dirt with fertilizer, so getting nitty gritty into nutrient talk is new to me lol.
Maybe the base A+B is better because it would be more flexible to add additional nutrients if I wanted to grow fruits…
I’ll figure things out as I go, but thanks for your comment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My intention wasn’t primarily to optimize the growing system I made, but demonstrate its capabilities, and using multiple dosing pumps covers more use cases than just one.

1 Like

Using TPS Base A+B may seem unconventional, but Kyle’s choice highlights the hidden potential. Mixing them 50/50 allows better nutrient absorption. TPS One might be popular, but don’t dismiss the wisdom in creating your own nutrient dance. Dare to defy the FAQ!